Nominations for Dean of Religious Education
Brigham Young University
With gratitude for his years of outstanding leadership, Brigham Young University recently announced the anticipated replacement of Terry B. Ball as Dean of Religious Education, effective Summer 2013.
The University administration is currently accepting nominations for his successor. Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- PhD and rank of Professor
- An excellent record of university teaching
- A strong record of rigorous, peer-reviewed scholarship that includes a body of academic work published in leading national/international disciplinary outlets
- Evidence of success in leadership and team-building roles in prior administrative responsibilities
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates must align with the Mission and Aims of Brigham Young University and of Religious Education, which is to assist individuals in their efforts to come unto Christ by teaching the scriptures, doctrine, and history of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ through classroom instruction, gospel scholarship, and outreach to the larger community of scholars and Church members.
Furthermore, BYU is supported by and affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and membership in and observance of the principles and standards of conduct of the Church consistent with qualifying for temple privileges is required.
Nominations may be submitted to Craig H. Hart, Associate Academic Vice President for Faculty, D-387 ASB, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.